New Community Champion - Jack Chanmala - Geophysics
Hey everyone,
My name is Jack Chanmala, and I’m excited to join this community! I’ve spent my career in exploration geophysics and mining, working across the spectrum—from junior exploration companies running drill rigs to major mining operations like Rio Tinto, where I focused on iron ore projects.
Over the years, I’ve been involved in a wide range of geophysical surveys, including ground and airborne methods, working to uncover hidden deposits and reduce geological uncertainty in exploration programs.
I'm here to help you make the most of Seequent's tools and connect with fellow professionals. Whether you're looking for insights, have questions, or just want to discuss the latest industry trends, I'm always happy to chat and collaborate!
Comments
-
Hello Jack,
I need to make a forward model of gravity/magnetic to study resolution of a body, but I found it difficult in GM-SYS. do you have a workflow for that.
Thank you,
Regards,
Haitham
0 -
Hi Haitham,
On our learning management system at https://lms.seequentlearning.com/catalog there is a course you can enrol yourself too the course titled "Oasis montaj: GM-SYS Profile Modelling" (can be found using the search button in the top right)
In section 2.2 the course will take you through how to create a model.
Please let me know how you go.
Cheers,
Jack
0 -
Does the Oasis Montaj 2026.1 Euler 3D extension allow you to pick ore points, such as gold and copper?
1 -
Hello GeosoftLtda, thank you for your question.
Our Euler 3D menu, which is part of the Interpretation extension, generates source depth/geometry estimates from gridded gravity or magnetic data. It does not allow for the manual placement or picking of individual source locations by the user. Euler 3D does not directly detect ore deposits or "points" such as gold and copper. Rather, it will detect large variations in density or magnetic susceptibility that might host an ore deposit.
In a mineral exploration (or energy) context, Euler 3D is mainly used to rapidly generate an estimate the depth from the Earth's surface to large magnetic or density contrasts across an area of interest. These estimates are then used to judge whether it might be "economic" to explore the area, based on the expected cost of drilling and mining from the surface to that depth, assuming those rocks of interest contain an ore deposit. It is not a direct detection method for ore deposits or energy sources.
To understand better how Euler 3D works, I'd recommend reading the attached user guide for working with the Gravity and Magnetic Interpretation extension:This user guide and other resources are available within the Resources section of our Seequent Learning platform:
(a Seequent ID is required to access and sign into Seequent Learning)
I hope this answers your question. Please don't hesitate to ask further if it doesn't!
Best regards,
Darren AndrewsTeam Lead, Learning Content Development, Geophysics1
Categories
- All Categories
- 6 Community
- 3 Get Started
- 16 Latest Releases
- 15 Member Spotlight
- 40 Learning
- 3 Products
- 1 Geology
- 535 Leapfrog
- 1 Volsung
- 26 Visible Geology
- Data Management & Collaboration
- 14 MX Deposit
- 13 Central
- 9 Imago
- Geotechnical
- 136 GeoStudio
- 1 Geophysics
- 319 Oasis montaj
- 1 Workbench
- SPIA
- 10 Res2DInv & Res3DInv
- 3 Evo
- 26 GX Developer


