Merging databases with same line numbering and versions

I have 3 database located adjacently to each other that I want to merge for processing purposes. The issue is that I don't want the lines to append to each other and want to keep the numbering the same but still separate for each database using perhaps a different version for each database. Is there a way to this? There's no batch version edit option available for a database/multiple lines.

Tagged:

Comments

• VictorMapuranga2
    VictorMapuranga2 Posts: 4 mod
    edited July 31

Hi Sina, my suggestion is that you create a new channel in your databases prior to merging them. This new channel will have the unique line names that you would like to preserve. Then you can go ahead and merge your databases(Database Tools > Database Utilities > Merge Databases) and then split them on line channel (Database Tools > Line Tools > Split on Line Channel). The

• DumitruIon
    DumitruIon Posts: 9

If the order of the lines in the final merged database is not critical (meaning the same line number in the 3 original databases don't necessarily folow each other in order in the merged database) then you may merge them by setting different type of lines in each database and then merge them.

For example, suppose that initially all databases have the same line type L; then add a channel (e.g. LineType as short/byte etc) to database 2 and 3, and set it to a constant value (e.g. 0), then use "Set Line Type from Channel…", where "Line type channel:" is set to LineType, for database 2 only "B: Base lines:" is set to 0, while for database 3 only "T: Tie lines:" is set to 0.

Eventually you may delete LineType channel after setting the new line types, then save database 2 and 3.

Now you may merge the 3 databases, and the original lines will be distinct lines, with the same original numbers, just different types, grouped though by the line types.