Any good way to model the looped fault junction?
Dear all,
Is there any way that I can map a fault system that has multiple faults terminating on each other? I think Leapfrog Geo can only let older fault terminate on younger fault?
Please see the following figure. In this case, I have faults that were terminating on each other, based on previous mapping. I cannot model them in Leapfrog Geo because I cannot match that only older faults terminate on younger faults.
Is there a good way to model this kind of fault system? Thanks!


Is there any way that I can map a fault system that has multiple faults terminating on each other? I think Leapfrog Geo can only let older fault terminate on younger fault?
Please see the following figure. In this case, I have faults that were terminating on each other, based on previous mapping. I cannot model them in Leapfrog Geo because I cannot match that only older faults terminate on younger faults.
Is there a good way to model this kind of fault system? Thanks!

0
Comments
-
Hi
In this situation you are describing the workflow shown here may help: MySeequent
This shows how to turn faults into finite faults which may work with the example you are describing.
Hope that helps
Regards
Keith
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 6 Community
- 3 Get Started
- 16 Latest Releases
- 15 Member Spotlight
- 40 Learning
- 2 Products
- 1 Geology
- 535 Leapfrog
- 1 Volsung
- 26 Visible Geology
- Data Management & Collaboration
- 14 MX Deposit
- 13 Central
- 9 Imago
- Geotechnical
- 136 GeoStudio
- Geophysics
- 319 Oasis montaj
- 1 Workbench
- SPIA
- 9 Res2DInv & Res3DInv
- 3 Evo
- 26 GX Developer
