Can a grouped mesh export file contain metadata of its original grouped meshes?

I've grouped a number of extracted meshes in Leapfrog geo. I would like to export the meshes as 1 file (grouped), but I'd like to retain the metadata, i.e. original mesh ID, of the meshes which are grouped to create a single mesh. Which export format is applicable? Ideally I would like to use the exported file in Datamine. (asc/dm export format). 

Answers

• RachelMurtagh
    RachelMurtagh Posts: 35 admin
    @ReynardBartman the only way I can think of to export meshes as a single file but retain the singularity of the meshes is to use the .omf file export but I don't think Datamine can import that, can they ? (I'm not a Datamine user  ;)  )
  • Thanks Rachel, but at the moment it seems .omf won't work. I'll need to export each mesh individually and group them outside Leapfrog. The only problem with that is that there are over 300 meshes which is a time-consuming process. Hopefully the developers can look into this?
  • I forgot to mention that I also need to clip the grouped extracted meshes with another volume, therefore grouping made sense before export. At the moment I need to clip each mesh with another volume before exporting.