License expiry

Why does Leapfrog have to close all my open tabs without saving when the license expires.
Pisses me off. That should not happen if the session in renewed.

Comments

• RachelMurtagh
    RachelMurtagh Posts: 35 admin
    Hey @MichaelJMunroe,

LF should always ask to save in-progress work if the licence expires. I can follow up on why we have to shut the tabs but I assume it's because many tabs are associated with extensions that might not be checked out again on the licence renewal? ...but I should confirm that with our engineers. 

Have you noticed a specific tab not saving information correctly ? I've checked the behaviour for calculations tab on block models and that seems to save work. 

The only thing I can point out to try and alleviate some of your annoyance is that we do have a countdown in the bottom right corners of the UI that should show in red text to say that there's less than an hour, I believe, left until the licence expires. Again, please let me know if you don't get this warning. 

Cheers,
    Rachel

• LauraGomez
    LauraGomez Posts: 3
    Hi Rachel, 

I'm having a similar issue running a geological model, when the license expires Leapfrog closes everything without saving layout, scene view, etc. Even though the number of tasks is reduced, when I renew the license, all the processes will start from 0 again. I tried pausing the processing before the license expires, but once I get a new license everything starts from scratch again. 
    Any suggestions or recommendations to avoid this issue?
    TIA 
    Laura     
  • RachelMurtagh
    RachelMurtagh Posts: 35 admin
    Hi @LauraGomez, I don't currently have any workaround for you on this however I've asked our wider support teams to see if there's anyone else with a suggestion. 

@MichaelJMunroe I did some digging and it turns out we did make some changes about how we warn people their licence is about to expire; the description I gave in the 3rd paragraph is therefore inaccurate.. I've raised this as an issue to further investigate and improve.