Overlays/Evaluations

How might one overlay or evaluate a block model with an open pit shell (mesh)?

Answers

• I think what you're trying to do is view the portion of the block model that falls within your pit shell?

Block models can evaluate geological and numeric models - You'll need to create a geologic model that uses your pit shell as a surface in the geologic model. Once that is created, you can right click your block model and evaluate the "geologic" model onto is. 

If you post some screenshots with a little more detail we can probably help a little more.
  • I think what you're trying to do is view the portion of the block model that falls within your pit shell?

Block models can evaluate geological and numeric models - You'll need to create a geologic model that uses your pit shell as a surface in the geologic model. Once that is created, you can right click your block model and evaluate the "geologic" model onto is. 

If you post some screenshots with a little more detail we can probably help a little more.
  • Hi Ashley, I think that the best aproach is use your pit shell as a surface in your "Pit Shell geological model".
    In your litologies table you have to create 2 codes called, for example, "inside pit" and "outside pit". Then, in your surface chronology chose create your surface from intrusive algorithin and choose your pit shell surface (mesh).
    In the final "geological model" you will have 2 volumes, one that  represents the volume inside the pit and other that represets the volumes outside the pit. Now you can evaluate this model on your block model and make some filters.

Regards