Downloading Oasis montaj 9.6

Options
AthanasiusEnyinda
edited April 2020 in Oasis montaj
Sir,
I attempted downloading Oasis montaj 9.6 but there were obstacles,please direct.
Thanks
Enyinda Athanasius

Comments

• BeckyBodger
    BeckyBodger Posts: 337 mod
    Options
    Hi @AthanasiusEnyinda, I don't see a subscription or company name. You will only be able to install the licensed version of Oasis montaj v. 9.6 with a subscription. Are you trying to install the Geosoft Viewer? If you think you should have a subscription but are not seeing it, please check with your My Geosoft administrator to see which email address it has been assigned to. If the problem persists please contact Geosoft support: support@Geosoft.com
    Community Manager

• MichaelBlanchard
    Options
    Do we need a paid license simply to view a geosoft voxel file? I attemped to download the viewer but it keeps asking me for account ID. Can we convert to PDF or other file that is easier to read?
  • MichaelBlanchard
    Options
    I tried here: https://my.geosoft.com/downloads/update/geosoft-viewer
    I only need the viewer once to capture some images for a web site. I don't need a subscription.
  • DarrenAndrews
    Options
    Hello @MichaelBlanchard the "account" ID you are being asked for is a Geosoft ID. You can set up a Geosoft ID without having to purchase a subscription. Once you have a Geosoft ID, you will be able to download and install the Geosoft viewer for free. The instructions to set up a Geosoft ID are below should you like to create one:
    1. Go to https://my.geosoft.com/createnew
    2. Click Create a Geosoft ID.
    3. Enter your email address.
    4. Click Continue.
    5. Enter or verify your name
    6. Enter a secure password (minimum of 6 characters).
    7. Click Create Geosoft ID.
    8. A dialog will open with instructions on how to activate your Geosoft ID by verifying your email address.
    9. Open up the email sent from noreply@geosoft.com.
    10. Click Activate.
    Best regards,
    Darren Andrews
    Technical Team Manager
    Geosoft logo
  • SanjayKumar
    SanjayKumar Posts: 1 Calcite Rank Badge
    edited December 2019
    Options
    hello Sir/ma'am,

I am a Ph.d. student and want to use crooked section function of Geosoft. I dont have any licence for the same. I want to know is there any free or student version. please direct me if it is possible to use the same free or not. also direct me to the steps if possible to use or any alternate way.

Yours positive frequent reply will help me in improving my thesis as well as my future plans. Hoping for the same.
    My email address is sanjay.geokuk@gmail.com, skumar4@es.iitr.ac.in

With kind regards,

Sanjay Kumar
This discussion has been closed.