Why does the installation Failed

Hi,
I'm trying to install the 9.3 plugin (Geosoft 9.3 Setup 126 2017.11.22.exe), on 10.5 ArcGIS.

On the download page it says it supports up to 10.5, but I have : Installation Failed.
https://my.geosoft.com/downloads/plug-in-for-arcgis/update/1636

I deleted the old version, then restarted the computer.
Then I was able to install it, but it failed to let ArcGIS accept GRD files that work fine on other computer. I checked for update and surprisingly it found new update... so now it's jammed at 60% done...

Anyone has a clue?

Answers

• BeckyBodger
    BeckyBodger Posts: 337 mod
    edited March 2018
    Hi @YvesAllaire Did the update ever complete? What do you mean you deleted the old version? You must have an existing version of the plug-in installed in order to run an update.

If you've cancelled everything and you currently have no Geosoft Desktop Applications installed, start again with the Plug-in for ArcGIS version 9.3.

If after the installation is complete you still can't view Geosoft grids in ArcGIS try the following:

1. Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\Desktop Applications 9\bin
    2. Right-click on arcgispostbootstrapper.exe and click Run As Administrator.

A command prompt should flash open then close. Open ArcGIS and try adding a Geosoft grid. After you get 9.3 working there's nothing new for the Plug-in in the 9.3.2 update, so for now you can stay on version 9.3.

Let us know if this resolves the issue or not.
    Community Manager

• Hi, arcgispostbootstrapper. didn't solve it.
    For installation files I have 8.4, 8.5, 9.3... but 9.3 is only a 3Mb file, the others have 600+

I wanted to upgrade because it seems it stopped working after I've upgraded to ArcGIS 10.5...
  • BeckyBodger
    Hi @YvesAllaire, only 9.3 and up will work with ArcGIS 10.5. The small installation file is ok, it's a web installer and will download only the files you need after making your selection about what to install. At this point do you have anything installed? Did the installation complete or are you still getting a failed message?
    Community Manager

• I've uninstalled everything from Geosoft, deleted the files in the program files\folder Local\temp

I've tried to uninstall : I get Unable to locate error message #####, please make sure the appropriate GER files are present, but then I get uninstall complete...
    Try to install, goes to 66%, Installing applications, then, Installation Failed.

I would try on a different computer with ArcGIS 10.6, would it work?
  • BeckyBodger
    Hi @Yves, unfortunately no, we do not yet support ArcGIS 10.6. I'm going to transfer this issue to our support team. We'll need you to send us some installation logs to figure out why it keeps failing. One of our support reps will be in touch shortly.
    Community Manager

This discussion has been closed.