Convert from String to Feature class (polygon)

Hello Geosoft community,

Does anyone have a way to convert a string (which exists only as an object in a 3D plot) back to a feature class (a polygon in a section)? If there is no elegant solution out there, at least, does anyone have a work around?

Thanks,

Bryan

Comments

• BeckyBodger
    BeckyBodger Posts: 337 mod
    Hi @BryanSparrow , I'm not sure I know what you mean by a string (3D object). Can you give me a better example? What I think you're asking is how to get something that's displayed in the 3D viewer into your section map right? If this is the case, one thing you can try is to export the object (string) to a DXF through the 3D viewer. Than display the DXF in your section. Let me know if I'm off track, and that's not what you are attempting to do.
    Community Manager

• I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

I gave it a try anyways, but it appears that ArcMap is not coded to spatially exchange a string (geological section) to a 2D polygon (interpretations geodatabase). I can view the string as only a plan view expression of the section. So instead of a 2D, east-facing section, I get a 1D, plan-view line. The line clearly contains the components (polygons) of the section as the colors are variable on the line, but Arc can't choose views, it defaults to plan.

Thanks Becky,

Bryan
This discussion has been closed.