Application crash when calling App_LoadControl_EMAP

KarlBouchard
KarlBouchard Posts: 18 Calcite Rank Badge
edited May 2023 in Oasis montaj
Hi,

I'm developping a stand alone application in C++. It uses the "C" api. Calls to "App_LoadControl_EMAP" fail. In release mode, the application simply crashes. In debug mode, VS2015 tells me that my application "has triggered a breakpoint." somewhere in geoengine.core.dll.

I tried compiling geomapxprt from the samples that are included with gx developper. It also calls App_LoadControl_EMAP and fails in the same manner as my application.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

I've investigated what you had reported and we've identified a bug in our system. This issue will be address in OM Update 9.1.2. If there is anything else we can do to help you, feel free to let us know.

Joseph

• Hi Joseph,

any idea when update 9.1.2 will be released? Any chances for a hotfix?

I could use a previous version of OM if App_LoadControl_EMAP is only broken in 9.1. I see that there are download links available for previous versions of OM, but not for GX developper. There is only a link to version 9.1. Would it be possible to provide links to previous versions of GX developper?

Regards

Karl
  • Hi,

OM Update 9.1.2 will be released towards the end of February. If this does not fit your timeline, let us know and we'll see if we can arrange something.

Unfortunately the bug is in all our 9.x OM releases. Also, OM and GX Developer versions prior to 9.0 are all 32-bit.

Regards,
    Joseph
  • Hi Joseph,

I must say that I was hoping to be done by the end of February, not start at that time.

It doesn't matter to me if the previous versions are 32 bits. I can do my work now and then migrate to 64bits when 9.1.2 is released.

So if it is possible to get GX developper 8.5, I'll work with it.

Regards

Karl
  • IanMacLeod
    IanMacLeod Posts: 382 Fluorite Rank Badge
    edited February 2017
    The EMAP and EGDB methods only work from an Oasis montaj extension, where these provide access to maps and databases that are open in the UI. Stand- alone programs need to open and work with maps and databases using MAP and GDB.
    Geosoft logo
  • Hi Joseph,

thank you for providing me GX developper 8.5. I was able to recompile my projects and they work fine. There are no issues with App_LoadControl_EMAP.

I'll do an upgrade when version 9.1.2 becomes available.

I really appreciate the quick response from you and your colleagues. Thanks for your help

Best regards,

Karl
  • Hi Ian,

I'm not sure I understand your comment.

I work on a stand-alone application that displays the content of a map in a window and add some elements to it. It uses App_LoadControl_EMAP to load the map file. Once loaded, I use App_Lock_EMAP to get the MAP handle. Seems to be working fine. Am I missing something?

Best regards,

Karl
  • IanMacLeod
    IanMacLeod Posts: 382 Fluorite Rank Badge
    edited March 2017
    Hi Karl,

Apologies, but I am just coming back to this now. In my own little projects I use the base GX API from Python. I do not use .NET, which includes Geosoft.Desktop.GXNet with App_LoadControl_EMAP. I am surprised that this works from a stand-alone application, but I defer to Joseph on this, and he seems to have it sorted out for you.

In my own stand-alone programs (those that don't run as an Oasis extension) I open maps using the MAP class (in .NET: https://geosoftinc.github.io/gxpy/dotnet/GXNet/html/M_GeoEngine_Core_GXNet_CMAP_Create.htm), hence my earlier comment. I suspect this would also work for you if you want to open a map directly from a file without loading and locking an EMAP.

No response necessary as I'm just closing the loop on this one.

Best, Ian
    Geosoft logo
This discussion has been closed.