Gx Developer V9 beta C# Form designer

Options
RichardWright
RichardWright Posts: 10 Calcite Rank Badge
edited May 2023 in Oasis montaj
Hi Guy

Quick question i have got all my C# Gx's running smoothly using the new GX9 beta, the only issue i seem to have is what i create and new UI

I get the Following errors.

The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: GX1 --- The base class 'Geosoft.GX.Controls.BaseForm' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built.

If i change the references in my C# project to point to the older 8.5 dll's if then works fine and i can edit the form.

If i open the Object browser i see the Geosoft.GX.Controls.BaseForm Class is there from the Geosoft.GX.Controls.dll

If i open the Samples and src in the Developer directory i get the same issue.

Am i missing something ?

Cheers Richard

Comments

• JosephCaluag1
    Options
    Hi Richard,

Unfortunately this is an issue with Visual Studio being a 32-bit application. In order for the designer to work, all referenced assemblies must also be 32-bit. Once you have access to the 32-bit assemblies, you would have to switch over to x86, load the designer and then make your changes. Finally, compiling it in x64.

Unfortunately only the 64-bit assemblies are included in the BETA. This issue will be addressed before we release.

Joseph
  • RichardWright
    Options
    Great thanks

Will work around as you mentioned.

cheers
This discussion has been closed.