Binding error

EmmanuelSchnetzler
edited February 2023 in GeoStudio
Hello,

I am modifying chanadd.cs to read a grid and am running into a dll issue. Compilation goes fine, but I get the following runtime error:

Error: Unable to bind the "?iNCols_PG@@YAJPAUh_gxx@@PBJ@Z" wrapper function. The DLL may not be present or a license may be missing.The thread 0x3064 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The code is here:

CIMG image = CIMG.CreateFile(GS_TYPESConstant.GS_TYPE_DEFAULT, filename, IMG_FILEConstant.READONLY);
CPG pager = image.GethPG();
int nxp = pager.iNCols();

Part of the output is below. Am I missing something a reference to a dll?

Thanks,

Manu

'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
The thread 0x6e6c has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x5b50 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x2724 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\gxnet\examples\chanadd\bin\Debug\chanadd.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\gxnet\examples\chanadd\bin\Debug\geoengine.core.gxnet.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\gxnet\examples\chanadd\bin\Debug\geosoft.desktop.gxnet.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\geoassemblyredirect.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\GeoEngine.UTF8.Interop.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\ResManCatalogLibrary.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\Geosoft.Engine.Core.SWIG.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\Geosoft.Engine.Map.SWIG.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\Geosoft.Engine.Interoperability.SWIG.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\Geosoft.Library.SWIG.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\geosoft.acquire.SWIG.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\Geosoft.GUI.SWIG.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\geoengine.core.gxnetx.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\geosoft.desktop.gxnetx.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\GeoEngine.Core.Managed.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\Geosoft.Dap.API.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\Geosoft.EIMS.Core.Managed.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\Geosoft.EIMS.Core.SWIG.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\Geosoft.Managed.UI.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\GX Developer\redist\bin\GeosoftFiles\bin\OMDotNetBridge.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
Exception thrown: 'GeoEngine.Core.GXNet.CERROR' in geoengine.core.gxnet.dll
'chanadd.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: chanadd.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
Error: Unable to bind the "?iNCols_PG@@YAJPAUh_gxx@@PBJ@Z" wrapper function. The DLL may not be present or a license may be missing.The thread 0x3064 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Comments

• Hi Manu,

The iNCols_PG function is a licensed wrapper and needs to be run in an environment with a licensed version of Oasis montaj installed.

Locate the geosoft.key file in the bin folder under the installation folder for Desktop Applications. Create a copy of this file and place it beside your console app. Your console app will now have access to the same licensed wrappers Oasis montaj does.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Joseph
  • Thanks Joseph!
This discussion has been closed.